TEAM SELECTION ON NOTICEBOARD
SENIOR AND JUNIOR TEAMS WILL BE PUBLISHED ON NOTICE BOARD BY TUESDAY NIGHT AT 10PM,
CHECK BOARD IF YOU ARE SELECTED TO PLAY AND SIGN OF BEFORE 8PM THURSDAY!
MIDWEEK TEAM WILL BE ON THE NOTICE BOARD BY FRIDAY AT 10PM,
PLEASE SIGN OFF NO LATER THAN MONDAY AT 8PM.
BOWLER ETIQUETTE (Irish Bowling Association)
- Bowls should be played in a spirit of good sportsmanship and with good manners
- Players should make every effort to win but should treat their opponents with courtesy
- As soon as each bowl shall have come to rest, possession of the rink shall be transferred to the other team. By the time a player’s bowl comes to rest he/she should be behind the mat or behind the head – not between the two.
- Players of each team not in the act of playing or controlling play shall stand well behind the head or a yard behind the mat
- A player on the mat should not be interfered with, annoyed or have his attention distracted in any way by an opponent
- Players behind the mat or head should not move while a player is on the mat
- Players behind the mat should not talk while a player is on the mat
- Skips or thirds decide the number of shots – leads or seconds should not interfere
- No bowls whatsoever should be disturbed or kicked away without the agreement of both thirds or skips
- Do not waste time by dwelling too long on the mat or in protracted conferences
- Do not follow the bowl to the head unnecessarily
- All bowlers should have a working knowledge of the WBB laws of the game and bye laws of their Association
- Players must not make comments about an opposition bowl before it comes to rest e.g. ‘go into the ditch’ or ‘hit my bowl’
IMPORTANT RULE - Marking the card
The skip should enter the shots scored and total score cards each end and check this with the opposing skip each end. Before leaving the green at the conclusion of the final end the two skips must agree the final scores.